Recipe: Skordalia Dip
This vegan dip is a Greek staple and classically served with roasted beets and pita. We also love it with a fatty roast brisket and a farro salad.
Beware: this dip is seriously garlicky and should be enjoyed among close friends only!
2 loaf of bread, crusts removed (about 1 pound of bread total) 1 cup white vinegar 2 boiled potato, skin removed (or about 25 french fries, boiled in water for about 5 minutes) 1 cup sunflower oil 1 cup olive oil 25 garlic cloves 1 1/2 cup peeled and sliced almonds
1. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Place in a bowl of cold water and let soak for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, puree almond, garlic, and potato in food processor.
3. Add vinegar and then all oils slowly.
4. Remove bread from water and squeeze excess liquid from bread. Slowly add bread to food processor.
5. Add water, salt, and pepper to taste.