Recipe: Kafteri Dip
Perfect for poolside dipping. Makes enough for a crowd.
Serve with pita off the BBQ and crudités from the farm stand.
12 bell peppers 9 green jalapeños 4 cups full fat greek yogurt (we love Skotidakis) 7 cloves garlic 4 tbsp paprika 5 tbsp salt 10 1/2 cups crumbled Euprhrates feta 1/4 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for tossing the peppers
1. Toss the jalapeños and red bell peppers with 1/4 cup of oil and 1 tablespoon salt. Place on hot grill under a bowl and cook until charred on the outside.
2. Take the peppers off and put them into a bowl. Cover slightly with plastic wrap and let cool for 30 minutes.
3. When peppers are cool, remove seeds and stalks. Leave the skin on.
4. Combine jalapeños and red bell peppers with the greek yogurt and garlic in a food processor until you have a smooth mixture.
5. Add the paprika, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil. Again, mix in the food processor until smooth.
6. Transfer the dip into a bowl and, using your hands, incorporate the feta.