Recipe: Fava Bean Dip
Calissa Fava Bean Dip
This take on the classic Greek Fava Bean dip has a clean, earthy flavor with lots of bright acidity. Vegan; makes enough for a crowd.
1 Pound Fava Beans (shucked out of the husk) fresh or frozen
5oz Ice Cubes
4oz Olive Oil
Zest of 2 lemons (no white Pith)
1oz Lemon Juice
2tsp Kosher Salt
1. In a medium sauce pot bring 3 quarts of water and 2oz of kosher salt to a boil.
2. Turn heat to medium and add the fava beans.
3. Blanch the favas in the boing water for 2 minutes; till soft.
4. Remove water and put fava beans in the ice water bath. Leave in bath for 3 minutes.
5. In a blender add half of all the ingredients and blend for one minute on medium; till dip is smooth.
6. Finish dip on high speed until it is creamy and repeat for the second half of the batch.
7. Serve with Pita Chips and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.